Senior Data Scientist
Vacant position for Senior Data Scientist in Norwegian biotech company with molecular diagnostics products in the global life science market. With the unique GA-map® Technology, GA has a strong position in the exiting Gut Microbiome field.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist with strong programming skills and preferably background from Biostatistics and Bioinformatics. The candidate will oversee data analysis and design and implement data pipelines.
The employees are regarded as GAs main asset and we can offer a workplace with attractive and motivating social environments, good opportunities for skills development. We have a team of highly qualified people working together towards GAs vision "Make the microbiota widely accessible to human healthcare". We provide our employees with opportunities for personal growth in close collaboration with our dedicated and experienced teams.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Maintain and improve GA's internal informatics infrastructure, including Linux Server administration, database and biobank systems
- Take charge of the internal R codebase.
- Be internal point of contact for GAs outsourced software development projects.
- Aid in experimental design and data analysis of GA's Research & Development projects.
- Ensure that all bioinformatic and statistical work is documented in accordance to established external and internal guidelines and directives.
- Ensure that change control, deviation and CAPA systems are followed for the bioinformatics and statistical analysis projects.
- You have passion for managing data.
- Beyond that, you have strong coding skills in general and particularly in R
- Comfortable with Linux desktop and server setup and administration
- Experienced in Perl and PostgreSQL
- Experience with web development.
- Preferably experience with AngularJS, NodeJS and related or similar web technologies.
- Preferably experience from the life science industry.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills in English and Norwegian.
Our ideal candidate will be structured and analytical, have attention to details and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. He or she enjoys collaboration, is self-driven with a high degree of personal initiative, has a curious mindset and enjoys both designing solutions and maintaining processes.
Genetic Analysis AS (GA) is a Norwegian biotechnology company, world leading in development of innovative products for the diagnostics of intestinal bacteria, based on molecular biological methods and advanced bioinformatics. GA's mission: 'Visualizing the human microbiota health by easily accessible and reliable bacteria profiling tools'. The company's GA-map® products are patent-protected. Genetic Analysis AS produces reagent kits sold to laboratory customers in Europe and United States. In total 22 employes.
Kelly Services fungerer som rekrutteringsbyrå i forbindelse med denne stillingen. Hvis du velger å søke, vil opplysningene dine behandles i samsvar med Kellys personvernerklæring.
Vi er som oppdragsgiver opptatt av mangfold og like muligheter og oppfordrer derfor alle kvalifiserte kandidater til å søke, uavhengig av rase, kjønn, funksjonsevne, religion/tro, seksuell orientering og alder.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.