Kelly Services is looking for a Mechnical Engineer for one of our clients in Norway. The location is flexible and can be Stavanger, Oslo, Bergen or Stjørdal:
Role and responsibilities
- Follow-up the mechanical discipline work in the project phases.
- For early phase projects, support scoping and following up studies in mechanical discipline and maturation of mechanical deliveries as required per project phase.
- During FEED and execution phase, follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
Tasks and deliveries
- Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
- Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs.
- Develop package specifications and provide input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases within own discipline e.g. equipment packages, long lead items and company provided items (CPI).
- Contribute to planning and executing mechanical packages follow-up activities. In particular, in execution phase, establish and follow up contractor's verification of equipment packages, as relevant.
- Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues.
- Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
- During execution, support and take responsibility for decisions within own mechanical packages, f.ex. inter disciplinary input, handling of site queries (SQs), technical queries (TQs) and variation order requests (VORs).
- Manage relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG, non-conformance requests (NCRs).
- Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
- Ensure experience transfer from similar projects, operations and discipline network.
- MSc or BSc within Mechanical Engineering
- Min. 8 years experience within offshore engineering and experience within mechanical discipline.
- Good knowledge of rules/regulations and international standards and codes applicable to mechanical equipment
- Experience from FEED phase and project detail engineering
- Experience from operation or commissioning is advantageous
Location: Stavanger, Bergen, Oslo or Stjørdal
Project: International Greenfield Oil and Gas - Topside Facilities
Duration: 1 year with options for renewals
Kelly Services fungerer som rekrutteringsbyrå i forbindelse med denne stillingen. Hvis du velger å søke, vil opplysningene dine behandles i samsvar med Kellys personvernerklæring.
Vi er som oppdragsgiver opptatt av mangfold og like muligheter og oppfordrer derfor alle kvalifiserte kandidater til å søke, uavhengig av rase, kjønn, funksjonsevne, religion/tro, seksuell orientering og alder.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.