Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Account Managers Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
The Account Manager (AM) is a key commercial role within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This is an Account focused role with the primary responsibility for selling and supporting all CMD products. The Account Manager role maintains effective and long-lasting customer relationships, develops opportunities for strategic growth of the account and works collaboratively and effectively to bring world class support and customer experience, making it easier for our customers to do business with Thermo Fisher Scientific. The AM is the primary point of contact and provides sales expertise, guidance and help driving all CMD commercial activities within the account.
Major end market focus areas include:
- Analytical Science account examples:
Pharma QA/QC, Environmental, Industrial, food safety, and Healthcare. Product competency is required, for the (relevant) CMD product offering.
- Scientific Research account examples:
Academic, Pharmaceutical R&D/drug development and BioPharma R&D. Product competency is required for the (relevant) CMD product offering
- The Portfolio AM will be handling both Scientific Research and Analytical Science accounts
- Identifies and prioritizes new client opportunities and develops solution implementation and growth strategies.
- Manages and nurtures account relationships to drive expansion and renewals across the full CMD portfolio (analytical instruments, consumables, services); provides product assistance, consultation, and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Identifies, documents and confirms the best technology choice to meet the customer needs. Collaboratively review application needs and Thermo Fisher Scientific deliverables with internal resources, specialists and customer to increase number of "first time right installations" post-sale.
- Provides quotation, negotiates contracts and closes orders with end users as well as purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
- Utilizes data and metrics to develop and report on account development strategies and tactics
- Be responsive to customers' needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them and work independently to manage customer relationships.
- Conducts product evaluations demonstrating the value of our products
- Expands current account penetration and share of wallet. Grows organically, broader and deeper with all primary products. Leverages cross-sell motions and activities
- Manages direction for the territory; Develops sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; maintains pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed all sales objectives
- Leverages internal and external resources to meet customer needs
- Uses Thermo Fisher Scientific's sales tools to effectively manage the accounts, opportunities, pipelines and forecast in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains awareness of competitor and industry activity. Introduces new products and services as available.
- Leads collaboration and coordination with (technical) sales-/ field application-/ lab application/ and IES specialists (as well as any other internal partner) to provide technical expertise
- Attends and runs technical business presentations, and when required, trade shows, user meetings and other customer events; Positively always represents Thermo Fisher Scientific throughout customer locations
- Exchanges of account information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
- Works expertly in a team selling environment engaging the best internal company resources to solve customer challenges
- Proven track record of sales experience in analytical instrument market
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences or equivalent work experience
- Market knowledge
- Experience in conducting seminars and presentations.
- Commercial mindset, strongly motivated by desire to win new business
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and CRM systems
- Ability to explain and sell the technical aspects of Thermo Fisher Scientific's scientific product portfolio
- Extensive ability to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
An independent role in a company with strong growth, and a flexible role that works remotely and where you have a strong input on day-to-day business. A chance to make a difference for a healthier, cleaner, and safer world, in a strong scientific environment. Competitive salary and benefits package. Applications will be reviewed continuously, and we look forward to receiving your CV and Application in English.
If you have questions regarding the positions, please do not hesitate to contact Consultant Ingvild Ringen tlf: 0047 988 04 308 or Branch Manager Thomas Lund tlf: 0047 401 08 070
Kelly Services fungerer som rekrutteringsbyrå i forbindelse med denne stillingen. Hvis du velger å søke, vil opplysningene dine behandles i samsvar med Kellys personvernerklæring.
Vi er som oppdragsgiver opptatt av mangfold og like muligheter og oppfordrer derfor alle kvalifiserte kandidater til å søke, uavhengig av rase, kjønn, funksjonsevne, religion/tro, seksuell orientering og alder.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.