Title: Structural/Piping Engineer
Duration: 6 months (with option for permanent position)
NOV are looking for a skilled structural/piping engineer on the team at Subsea Products/Completion and Productions Solutions (CAPS) in NOV. You will be part of our area of expertise for analysis and engineering that consists of a team of experienced and creative engineers. You will be part of various project teams with our other engineers and project managers as well as with fabricators and customers.
Job duties will primarily be:
- Define design basis/parameters (loads, materials, codes, design factors etc.).
- Global and local strength analysis/calculations of subsea steel structures and piping.
- Linear and non-linear analysis.
- Hydrodynamic calculations/analysis
- Input/support to design work (3D-models and drawings).
- Preparation of technical documentation in English.
- Review and approval of technical documents.
- Some business travel can be expected, domestic/abroad and offshore.
Qualifications and characteristics:
- Structural engineer, B.Sc/M.Sc degree.
- 5-10 years of experience from subsea structural and piping analysis/calculations.
- Understanding both design and strength analysis of subsea structures and piping.
- Experience with structured and quality drove development/project processes (ISO 9001-Workflow).
- Experience with Ansys. Experience with StaadPro and Caesar II is an advantage.
- Experience with the codes and standards for structural steel and piping design such as NORSOK, Eurocode, ISO, API, ASME and DNV.
- Experience with foundation and installation analysis/calculations is an advantage.
- Like all good engineers you have a "split personality"; the creative and solution-oriented personality that appears at the beginning of any project, and the exact and systematic that appears when the detailed analysis and design reports are made.
We are open for residents from outside Norway (remote), if the candidate has got the right skills.
Subsea Products normal work location is NOV offices at Fornebu, but flexible to work from home some days of the week. NOV is looking for a replacement of an employee who has resigned. This is not a project assignment which is finished in 6 months, this role is likely to become permanent if the candidate delivers up to the standards.
Kelly Services fungerer som rekrutteringsbyrå i forbindelse med denne stillingen. Hvis du velger å søke, vil opplysningene dine behandles i samsvar med Kellys personvernerklæring.
Vi er som oppdragsgiver opptatt av mangfold og like muligheter og oppfordrer derfor alle kvalifiserte kandidater til å søke, uavhengig av rase, kjønn, funksjonsevne, religion/tro, seksuell orientering og alder.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.