About the company:
NEC OncoImmunity AS is a bioinformatics company offering proprietary machine-learning based software that predicts immunogenic neoantigens for personalized cancer immunotherapy and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
We are dedicated to developing scalable software solutions that facilitate effective patient selection for cancer immunotherapy, and identifying optimal neoantigen targets for truly personalised cancer vaccines & cell therapies in a clinically actionable time frame.
Our growing international team consists of a diverse mix of data scientists, bioinformaticians, immunologists, cancer researchers, and software developers.
NEC OncoImmunity AS is a subsidiary of the NEC Corporation, and is based in the Oslo Cancer Cluster buildings in Oslo, Norway.
As a systems engineer, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the company's technology, IT infrastructure and information security, including network, firewalls, redundancy and backups, and vendor relationships. Our working environments include both Mac OS, Windows and Linux personal computers, remote Ubuntu servers and Google Cloud Platform. The position is hands-on, but also includes oversight, facilitation and communication.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Improve efficiency by developing and maintaining our company IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Administer and configure communication systems and user accounts, to enable streamlined collaboration between a diverse set of teams (bioinformatics, data science, software engineering)
- Purchase, integrate and configure new software tools, and maintain relationships with technology vendors
- Help your colleagues with various challenges related to IT tools and operations, "keep the engine running".
- Manage and support the development environments (python), support CI/CD processes.
- Support the hardware needs of the company. This includes both purchasing and administration of servers, as well as personal workstations and other auxiliary devices
- Implement secure and operationally stable solutions, establish and enforce best practices, and influence the company's IT policies and procedures
IT tools and frameworks we use include:
Atlassian (JIRA and Confluence), Github and github actions, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft 365, Adobe (Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Sign), Gemfury, Ansible.
- 3+ years of experience in a role with similar responsibilities
- Experience with the above listed IT tools and frameworks (or equivalent)
- Problem-solving attitude and budgeting experience
- Technical skills related to programming, computer science, operating systems and/or cloud computing
Additional Competence (nice to have):
- Knowledge about compliance and security is an advantage
- Experience working within the biotech, bioinformatics or genomics industry
- A desire to support AI, big data and analytics applied to cancer and infectious diseases
What we offer:
- An exciting working environment at the forefront of AI applied in cancer immunotherapy and infectious diseases research
- A highly diverse and interdisciplinary team
- A budget for the hardware and accessories of your choice to get the work done
- State of the art hardware and computational infrastructure
- A learning budget you can spend on conferences, online courses and books
- Negotiable salary based on your level of experience.
- Work that has a positive impact on people's health and life
- Work in an international environment
- Responsibility and possibilities for further professional development
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely.
- Social and team-building activities.
Kelly Services fungerer som rekrutteringsbyrå i forbindelse med denne stillingen. Hvis du velger å søke, vil opplysningene dine behandles i samsvar med Kellys personvernerklæring.
Vi er som oppdragsgiver opptatt av mangfold og like muligheter og oppfordrer derfor alle kvalifiserte kandidater til å søke, uavhengig av rase, kjønn, funksjonsevne, religion/tro, seksuell orientering og alder.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.